Written Safety Programs
RiskWise can provide a comprehensive and compliant written safety program that is customized for your organization.
RiskWise has articles available to inform readers on risk management topics. The information can also be used as educational material in company newsletters, association publications or at safety meetings. Special requests for articles are welcome and accepted.
View Our Library of Safety Articles
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is charged by federal statute, the OSH Act, to protect the workforce of America by holding employers’ responsible for implementation of the OSHA Standards. RiskWise can provide the written text, education materials and documentation forms to assist employers in creating a safe workplace.
Listed below are some of the many OSHA standards that may be needed to comply with the OSHA law and prevent injuries in your workplace. This is not a complete list and only offers a general idea of what may be needed at your workplace.
- Bloodborne Pathogens- If employees are exposed to blood or OPIM.
- Confined Space Entry- If employees enter confined spaces.
- Crane Safety- If employees operate cranes.
- Emergency Action Plan- Universal – needed by all employers.
- Ergonomics- Standard repealed, but new one on the horizon.
- Electrical Safety – Universal – all employers should have.
- Fall Prevention- If workers work over 6 feet heights.
- Fire Prevention – Universal- all employers should have.
- First Aid and Medical Services- Universal- all employers should have.
- Forklift Operator Training- if you operate forklifts or any industrial truck.
- Hazard Communication (HazCom) – Universal- all employers need.
- Heat Stress Prevention- if workers work in hot climates. (General Duty Clause)
- Hearing Conservation- if workplace noise exceeds 85 decibels for a prescribed period.
- Ladder Safety- if workers use ladders.
- Lock-out/ Tag-out- if workers work on machines/equipment.
- Machine Guarding- if workers work with machinery.
- Personal Protection Equipment – if exposed to external hazards.
- Recordkeeping- OSHA 300 Log -10 or more employees and are not exempt.
- Respiratory Protection- if chemical concentration exceeds the TLV.
- Scaffolding Safety- if workers’ work from scaffolding.
- Trenching Safety- if workers’ excavate below 4 feet in the earth.